|Job Title||Division Chief (Metro Boston)|
Company: Transformative Healthcare
Position: Division Chief
Reports To: Director of Field Operations
Location: Central Massachusetts (Worcester Region)
The Division Chief, under the supervision of the Director of Field Operations or their designee is charged with general oversite, functionality, and command of a designated geographical region within the Transformative Healthcare system. Division Chiefs maintain the responsibility of the operational function of the facilities, assets, and personnel within their assigned geography. Supported by a team of varying levels of command this vital role is responsible for region’s schedule.
The Division Chief works independently, under limited supervision, reporting major activities through periodic meetings, monitors and ensures the provision of adequate supplies and equipment, and completes required records. The functions listed below are those that represent most of the time spent working in this class. The Director of Field Operations may assign additional functions related to the type of work of the class, as necessary
Supervising daily operations of the region’s operation, ensuring prompt response to Inter-facility transfer/911 calls and the provision of quality medical treatment and transportation to appropriate medical facilities. Supervises Paramedics, AEMTs, EMTs and Chair Car team members on assigned shift; ensures compliance with all policies, procedures, and medical protocol.
Supervises assigned District Leaders, appropriate chain of command, Chair Car, EMTs, AEMTs, and Paramedics on assigned shift within assigned geographical command; supervisory duties include scheduling; instructing; assigning, reviewing, and planning work of others; maintaining standards; coordinating activities; allocating personnel; selecting new employees; acting on employee problems and recommending employee disciplinary action as appropriate. Reviews the work of subordinates for completeness and accuracy; evaluates and makes recommendations as appropriate; offers on-the-job training, advice, and assistance as needed. Processes employee payroll paperwork. Ensures crew compliance with established medical protocol, policies, and procedures.
- Current Certified Paramedic within good standing and maintain credentialing through Medical Direction.
- BA/BS in related field including but not limited to health, administration, business, management, facilities, or communication, or 3+ years directly related experience may be substituted for degree.
- Minimum 3 years managerial experience, with demonstrated experience supervising operations management or staff including 1) planning, organizing, scheduling, and directing the work of others; 2) assigning and reviewing their work; 3) advising them on difficult work problems; 4) training and developing subordinates; and 5) evaluating their work performance.
- The education or experience background must also demonstrate the ability to write clear and comprehensive reports and other documents; read and interpret complex written material; and solve complex problems logically and systematically.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications required.
- Customer service oriented with excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Must have completed or will complete within 30 days of application RESULT level 1, 2, 3 & 4 courses.
- Valid Driver's License
- Must have the ability to identify needs and assess and implement solutions.
- Ability to efficiently communicate with diverse populations; sensitivity and understanding regarding the needs of clients/guests.
- Commitment to racial justice principles to advance health equity.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws, and regulations relevant to EMS services, facility operations, and contract management.
- Flexibility and willingness to perform any task that is required.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours as required, which may include responding to division related emergencies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for fostering and curating a collaborative and communicative team environment and positive work culture.
- Work collaboratively with the Communications Center to ensure that the highest level of patient care and operational effectiveness is achieved.
- Monitor schedule for appropriate partner parings and adjust as necessary.
- Fill schedule openings as needed in collaboration with the Scheduling Department.
- Work collaboratively with the ALS, BLS, Chair Car, and Field Training Officers to ensure trainees complete the Field Training Program.
- Develop training strategies to address competency weakness identified by the Clinical Services & Education Department, ALS, BLS, or Chair Car FTO’s, and other Staff.
- Maintain overall responsibility for division’s scheduler and schedule.
- Act as a clinical and operational resource and authority to facilitate effective daily operations.
- conduct interviews and investigations on MVAs, serious incident reports, employee or client complaints
- Respond to and coordinate MCI Operations as needed.
- Each Shift Commander/Field Supervisor will have a specific additional responsibility assigned to them such as data collection, ALS Equipment Inventory & Monitoring, Medication Control & Inventory, FTO Coordination, Disaster Equipment Distribution & Monitoring, Infection Control, etc.
- Ensure all ambulance crew(s) and Chair Car Operators adhere to the policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the workplace environment is free of violence, hostile, or harassment activities and that the organizational policies and procedures established are adhered to and takes appropriate steps to address the problem and notifies Senior Leadership if an issue arises.
- Ensure that all tasks and duties are conducted in the safest manner possible by all staff.
- Complete and monitor timecards for division.
- Ensure that consistent high caliber customer service is provided by all staff.
- Conduct performance evaluations and call reviews for EMT-B, EMT-P, and Chair Car personnel.
- Conduct thorough investigations of complaints, accidents, injuries, and follows up with accurate and detailed documentation and notification to the appropriate Senior Leadership Staff.
- Ongoing mentorship of subordinate staff including division officers and staff.
- Thoroughly and accurately complete all other paperwork required for shift including but not limited to checklists, unusual event forms, investigation reports, and shift reports.
- Complete other duties as assigned.