|Job Title||Section Officer (Metro Boston)|
Company: Transformative Healthcare
Position: Section Officer
Reports To: District Commander
The Section Officer works as part of a supervisory team with other station or service area members and management staff to ensure continuity, consistency, and good lines of communications between all shifts. This role monitors compliance of team member certifications, guidelines of working in regards to state regulations, as well as reporting and management within scope of area they are overseeing. Section Officers work with their immediate supervisor and/or manager to evaluate and resolve operational problems and maintain the daily to day functionality.
Supervises a group of Section Chiefs and Team Leads that correspond with their region and base assignment to ensure the needs of the operation and staff are met.
- Demonstrated evidence and proficiency in the required EMS skills.
- Strong knowledge of company policy and procedure.
- Uphold qualities and characteristics in line with the mission of Transformative healthcare inclusive of honor, integrity, and commitment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with fellow employees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle conflict situations with good judgment, professionalism, and courtesy.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to receive and provide constructive feedback.
- Must not have any current or ongoing clinical or administrative investigation and/or action from the past 6 months.
- Must have completed or will complete within 30 days of application RESULT level 1 & 2 course.
- Valid Driver's License.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors/fills scheduled openings with assigned bases as needed in collaboration with the divisional Scheduling Department as necessary.
- Ensures that all station personnel comply with company policies and procedures, proficiency to clinical and regulatory standards, and accrediting bodies, advisories.
- Monitors and manages licensing and certification compliance for all station personnel by inspecting original licenses or credentials and providing verification to company headquarters within charged scope.
- Evaluates, counsels, and participates in disciplinary procedures including wellbeing checks within charged scope.
- Oversees maintenance of vehicle stocking/cleaning to ensure personnel keep clean, sanitary and functional condition under state requirements
- Assists in the orientation and in-service training of new and current employees. Determines the need for and ensures that Incident Reports, Accident Reports and other documentation is completed as required.
- Works with their immediate supervisor and/or manager to evaluate and resolve operational problems reporting weekly to supervising District Commander on Team Leads and team member status as well as risk mitigation.
- Assists with community or facility complaints by completing interviews and investigations for customer services complaints, team member complaints, and MVC’s
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws, and regulations relevant to EMS services, facility operations, and contract management.
- Facilitates constructive conversation amongst team members to ensure a collaborative team-based atmosphere committing to social justice principles to advance health equity while upholding chain of command.