|Job Title||District Commander (Metro Boston)|
Company: Transformative Healthcare
Position: District Commander
Reports To: Division Chief
Location: Worcester Region
The District Commander under direction and command of the Division Chief, will oversee and manage their assigned base of operations, facilities, assets, and field personnel primarily at their home base. This role may work with their colleagues in rank to remediate or manage a field member not at their home location. The District Commander will enforce company policies, standard operating procedures, medical protocols, EMS regulations, as well as directives of the Division Chief and Director of Field Operations. District Commanders function as clinical providers. Transformative Healthcare is a 24-hour operation and shifts and/or schedule can vary dependent upon the needs of the organization.
Supervises a group of Section Officers and Team Leads that correspond with their region and base assignment to ensure the needs of the operation and staff are met.
- BA/BS in related field including but not limited to health, administration, business, management, facilities, or communication. 1+ years directly related professional, EMS, or Military supervisory experience may be substituted for degree.
- Must be EMT Certified or Higher- Paramedic or higher highly preferred
- ICS 300
- Proficiency in MS Office applications required.
- Customer service oriented with excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Must possess all Team Lead and Section Officer qualifications.
- Must have completed or will complete within 30 days of application RESULT level 1, 2 & 3 courses.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Must have the ability to identify needs and assess and implement solutions.
- Ability to efficiently communicate with diverse populations; sensitivity and understanding regarding the needs of clients/guests.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws, and regulations relevant to EMS services, facility operations, and contract management.
- Flexibility and willingness to perform any task that is required.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours as required, which may include responding to division related emergencies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct interviews and investigations on MVAs, serious incident reports, employee or client complaints.
- Draft incident recaps and after-action reports
- Ongoing mentorship that leads to promotion of team leads and professional development of section leads.
- Evaluates company policies and procedures to improve team member and patient experience.
- Responsible for fostering and curating a collaborative and communicative team environment and positive work culture.
- Monitor schedule within assigned bases for appropriate partner parings and adjust as necessary.
- Will ensure assigned based is maintained, in good working order with appropriate supplies and equipment.
- Fill schedule openings with assigned bases as needed in collaboration with the divisional Scheduling Department.
- Once a week report out on status of population, facilities, and assets within their charge.
- Administer disciplinary measures following all company policies.
- Delegate daily, weekly and monthly tasks to their team
- Will provide appropriate command and control to incidents or scene.
- Assume establishes and maintains EMS command in MCI.
- All assigned incidents are rectified.